Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 9 Summarize

#23 Summarize your thoughts about this program and learn more about where to go from here

Well, I finally made it! For awhile there I was afraid that I would run out of time. Thank heavens for the extension! I never would have completed the program otherwise.

I have to admit that week 5 (Play week) was my favorite. I found so many fun things to do and spent way too much time looking! I've already thought of a good way to use Rollyo - students do a research project in French class and I think it would work well there.
I also really enjoyed Flickr and all the mashup sites - I've bookmarked several that I plan on visiting in the future. I am so totally amazed at all the free sites available to do fun things!

I would definitely do another discovery class like this one. I liked the self-pacing aspect - but I would really have to set myself some personal deadlines! One of the drawbacks to a class like this is that there are so many opportunities to get sidetracked. The assignment would say to 'choose one', but I had to look at 5 before I could make up my mind which 'one' I would explore. Self discipline is not one of my strong points, especially on a computer.

To sum it up: I learned a lot from the program. I just hope I can remember how to do some of the things. I like knowing what they are referring to when they are talking about tagging, podcasts, bloglines, etc. My frustration comes in knowing that I will forever be behind in all that the internet has to offer. I am totally overwhelmed with all that is there that I know nothing about and probably never will. Isn't there a saying 'The more I learn, the more I learn how much I don't know' ? Or something like that?? Oh wait. Let me go check the Rollyo on quotes......

No comments:

Post a Comment