Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio

#21 Discover some useful tools for locating podcasts

I spent a lot of time looking through the podcast directories and discovered that almost any subject can be found. In fact, one needs to be careful when looking for subjects - I submitted 'young adult fiction' and some of the results weren't so 'young.' The results list contained some titles that were perfect for my library, but also some X-rated!
I downloaded i-tunes and played with that site for awhile. It seemed to be the slowest site that I visited today, but I did find some things I can use.
I finally found a podcast for middle and high school book reviews so I added that to my Bloglines account. I intend to download the reviews for the books they covered that I have in my library. They are on break for the summer, but it will be interesting to see what titles are added this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment