Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 8: Online Applications & Tools

#19 Discover any site from the Web 2.0 awards list

I went straight for the short list of award winners because at this point in time, time is of the essence! I still found way too many places that I'd like to look at.
I glanced at Im Cooked and found a neat place to watch experts cook, but decided to move on to something more fun. I chose Hairmixer.com. and found that it was similar to a website that I had played with before called Elf Yourself.

So I moved on again and found MyHeritage.com. It is a website that will build your family tree. Within minutes I was able to build my family tree using my immediate family members. It is very easy. Directions for inserting the information comes in the form of pop-up boxes. I's easy to add pictures and all kinds of information. You can also search for ancestors, although I don't know how to add them to the family tree that you've started. Maybe I'll have to start a new one a few generations back.

This is a website that I hope to have time to use. I have a lot of family tree information and this would be an easy way to organize the information and share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment