Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio

#20 Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow you to upload video

I am not a stranger to YouTube, but I generally watch clips that people have sent me via email. I decided to search for something that I might be able to use at school and struck gold on my first attempt. I searched for clips of the author Sarah Dessen and found her talking about one of her books and giving a quick tour around her home town! I can use this for a booktalk! Here's the address http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uspZwzad6tA&feature=related There are also other clips of some of her other books that I might be able to use. Some are trailers for movies that have been made. I will definitely search for other authors and/or books that I could use with classes or that I could embed on my library homepage.

A disadvantage to using Youtube in the public schools is that our Board of Ed has blocked the site. Any video that we would want to use would have to be downloaded and saved to a flash drive or burned to a cd.

No comments:

Post a Comment