Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio

#22 Learn about Audiobooks

The Illustrated History of Furniture is listed as number 8 in the Top 100 Downloads on the Gutenberg site. Maybe I should add this to my reading list...

Seriously now, I went to the audio listing and browsed the list of human-read audio books available. I found that most of the ones listed are considered to be the great classics. I listened to a little Mark Twain and also a reading from the Bible. Then I switched to computer-read books and listened to a few selections. I didn't like them at all. If I'm going to listen to a book, rather than read it, the voice must be human!

I then visited the Allegany County Public Library homepage and read about Overdrive. What a fantastic resource! So many titles to choose from and listen to! These would be great for vacation. I'm thinking that an audio book would come in handy to download for a reading teacher to preview books she wants to purchase for her students to read. I browsed for a few young adult authors and there are many to choose from - including a new title from Richard Peck.

No comments:

Post a Comment