Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 7: Wikis

#16 Learn about wikis

After visiting a few of the wikis listed, I can see where they would be useful in several different situations. Of course I already knew about Wikipedia (I've been lecturing my students about completely trusting that source for several years now), but I didn't realize that editing could be restricted to a select group of people. I really liked the Book Lovers Wiki and would like to try something similar in my library. I think there is a wiki option available in moodle. Hmmm. How do I do that?? I might have to give this some more thought. It would be a great project for the reading and/or the English teachers to entice students to write book review.

Something that surprised me was the Bull Run Library Wiki. It doesn't look like a wiki!

No comments:

Post a Comment