Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 6 Tagging, Folksonomies & Technoraties

#14 Discover Technorati and learn how tags work with blogs

I watched the video and have the general idea of how the website works. I found that searching for tags is a more definitive search.


Boing Boing is the top blog . I briefly explored the blog and discovered an entry for a Japanese Pig Rodeo (??) and a cool video called 'Escalator Animation." Boing Boing could be a dangerous place for me -- I can see myself browsing for hours....

I am surprised that Paris Hilton is still so fascinating to so many people. She's listed at Number 8 in Top Searches. Actually, it ws interesting to see what people are interested in, including today's top personalities.

I also notice that Boing Boing and TechCrunch make the top 5 in both Top 100 by Fans and Top 100 by Authority. I may have to explore these 2 later in more detail.

I'm not sure how I would use Technorati with students, although I might be able to use it for personal interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment