Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week 4 - RSS and Newsreaders

# 8 - RSS feeds. I managed to set up my RSS feeds and I'm subscribing to a few that were on the most popular list. I really would like to add "Unshelved" to my list but when I tried to add it using the "Quick Subscribe button" I got an Internet Explorer error. I'll have to try later. I was able to add 2 others using the Quick button, so I don't know what the problem is.

I can see the advantages of this service, however I don't know how often I'll use it. I have a difficult enough time just keeping my email accounts cleared out!



#9 Merlin. My first thought on Merlin was that it didn't really apply to me because I don't work in a public library, but I've found some items that I will be able to use. I like the list of social networking sites. I probably won't use them, but maybe I'll be able to know what the kids are talking about!

*** An added comment. I wrote this blog about 3 weeks ago, but somehow neglected to post it! Oh well. Here it is now. I really need to get on the ball - it's August already!

No comments:

Post a Comment