Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 3, Photos & Images

Finally! I've returned -- and only 2 months later. Life has been busy. It's been so long since I worked on this that I had to refresh my mind on what we're doing and how to post, etc. I just hope that I can figure everything out.

Thing #5.
Flickr. I stumbled on this site several months ago, but never really explored it. A person could spend forever just browsing. And all the apps!! I stumbled onto a good one that I think I can use with my students, and then I lost it. But I found it again -- it's a site that will let you turn pictures into a comic strip. It called Bubblr. (This is my Thing # 6) And yes, I bookmarked it! I found a huge list of applications that I also bookmarked to explore later.

I decide to join Flickr and took the easy challenge. I uploaded 3 pictures from my library. See them here. I thought when I posted my flickr picture to my blog, that it would show up exactly where I wanted it. Wrong! Guess I'll have to play around a little bit more.

Thing #7.
I see that I'm also supposed to blog about anything technology related. Ok. I've been playing around with the FlipVideo lately. The last week of school I taped 2 of my students telling about books that they had read. I plan to upload their comments to my moodle site. John Close showed me how to do that during my tech workshop two weeks ago. I just hope I can remember all the steps. The uploading isn't so confusing - the confusing part is editing the video and saving it to it's saved form.

No comments:

Post a Comment